The Most Amazing Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesFebruary 13, 2013 at 11:04 am | Posted in life | Leave a comment
Tags: chocolate oatmeal cookies, chocolate oatmeal peanut butter, gluten free baking, gluten free cookies, the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies
After eating my vegetables, avoiding white flour and drinking plenty of water, I think I deserve a little something fun (besides my red wine!). I came across this yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe while cooking Jack his morning oats. The recipe is so easy and I actually had everything in my cupboard so I whipped it up and now, I have more than just one little something sweet everyday. The cookies go great with coffee, hit the spot as an afternoon snack, and melt in my mouth after dinner. And guess what (three pounds heavier!) I’m happy that they are almost gone!
Here’s the recipe that I slightly modified from the back of Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats bag:
1/4 C butter
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 C rolled oats (yes, that’s three cups)
10 oz chocolate chips
1/2 C chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds (I had walnuts on hand)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and beat until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Then add in peanut butter and mix. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts. Place teaspoon full of dough on lightly greased (or use parchment paper for easy cleanup) cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment »
- Feels Like We Only Going Backwards
- At last I am alive – An afternoon with dirt under my nails.
- Eyes to the Soul — An Art Installation with Marina Abramovic and Ulay
- Spring at Last — Catching Up on Our Vitamin D
- Feeling Springy + in Need of Retail Therapy
- Beautiful Children Smoking — A Photographic Series
- Our Easter Weekend with the Fam
- Hands down BEST auction house to get your Mid-Century Modern furniture*
- We are all under the same moon. — A mobile art installation.
- The Best Homemade Biscuits You’ll Ever Have